Monday, January 02, 2006

I'm really sorry that it's so hard to be a pimp... really...

Ok, so I have not seen Hustle & Flow yet, and no I'm not going to review it or anything until I do... but that's assuming that I do see it.

I just got to get this off my chest.

I understand that a lot of people think this was one of the best films of 2005. I understand that it is not some big glorification of pimps. I also have seen the documentary American Pimp if that has any relevance in all this. I understand as a film geek I probably should check it out, but I've really not been interested.

Now this is the bit that bugs me. Every time the film gets brought up in some chat room or review or whatever, they try and spoon-feed me the same reason to see it: the film shows how HARD it really is to be a pimp.

You see... I get that though. That's not my problem. I understand that it ain't all, BLING, BLING WITH PUSSY ON TAP BABY OH YEAH! I'm not the most ignorant guy in the county. I get that it's hard. My problem is simply that I really don't care about pimps! I understand how easy it is to over simplify them, but I really don't care. That's why I have yet to see the film. And until more reviews address that, they just ain't selling me to cough up five-fifty to rent it.

I will probably see it eventually. Mostly due to the fact that I hear the acting is something that deserves more attention than it's getting and because I can't help but be monkey in a yellow hat curious about Craig Brewer's next film that's sure to stir a hell of a lot of controversy.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home